Tutorial: Grayscale Mode on any Android
The older android versions used to have a grayscale option to help conserve it's battery life. I used this feature all the time back then, but now it's been removed.. Well….. Kinda.
In this tutorial I will break down how to get the grayscale feature back on the latest version of Android.
1. Open "Settings" and select "About Device"
2. Open "Software Information" and tap the "Build Number" about 8 times. This will unlock the Developer Options.
3. How back to the main settings menu. You should now see "Developer Options" towards the bottom of the screen.
4. Open "Developer Options" and scroll down halfway towards the bottom. You'll see a category labeled "Hardware Accelerated Rendering". Under that select "Simulate Color Space"
5. A pop-up will appear, select Momochromacy from the list. Your screen will immediately turn black and white.
To restore the full color, follow the steps above and select "Disable" from the Simulate Color Space selection.