How To: Use Apple Airpods on Android
I've got a lot of emails asking on how to use Airpods on an Android.
So, here it is.
Airpods will auto-connect with Apple devices without any issue. On Android there's a little more work to accomplish this. We'll need to manually setup a bluetooth connection to the Airpods.
1) Swipe down from the top of your screen to open the quick settings panel, then long-press on the Bluetooth icon.
2) Depending on your phone, you may have to select Add new device or Pair new device.
3) With the AirPods or AirPods Pro in the charging case, open the lid.
4) On the back of the case is a small button. Press and hold it until the indicator light starts blinking white. If you have AirPods Max, you'll need to take them out of their smart case and then hold in the noise control button until the indicator light on the bottom of the right ear cup blinks white.
5) Your AirPods will then show up in the pairing menu on your Android phone. Select them and follow any prompts on your phone.
With the AirPods connected to your Android phone, you can use them just as you would any other Bluetooth headphones or earbuds. They'll autoconnect when taken out of the case, and disconnect when you put them back in the case.
Note: To get the full features on the Airpods. You'll need to install one of these apps I modded for the features. Otherwise, they will not be avaiable.
HACK THE PLANET