Grandparents Guide to Android
We are here to help!
Below are step-by-step guides to help you navigate your Android!
Understanding the screen
THE FAVORITES TRAY
1. Open the Google Play Store Image titled Androidgoogleplay.png on your Android. This is the sideways blue, green, pink, and orange triangle in your app list.
2. Go to the app you want to download. To search for an app, type its name into the Search bar at the top of the screen, and then press your keyboard's Enter key. When you find the app, click its name to open its details page.
3. Select "Install". The app will automatically download and install.
Uninstall Apps within Settings
1. open the Settings menu on your device.
2. After that, open Apps & notifications.
4. Scroll through the list of apps and select the one you want to uninstall.
5. Select Uninstall and then select OK. If you dont see uninstall, then select Disable and then OK.
How to use Camera
1. Select the Camera app from the Home Screen or App Drawer of your device.
2. Take the photo you currently have framed on the screen, press the Shutter button. To take a video, press the Red Record button.
3. To switch between front-facing (screen side) and rear-facing cameras, tap the Change Camera icon. Or Swipe Up
4. To zoom-in or zoom-out when taking a photo, place two fingers on the screen and use a "pinching" motion/gesture. Move your fingers apart from one another to zoom-in, or closer together to zoom-out.
Check back here for more guides in future updates.
Contact us here:
For further, more advanced how-to instructions. Go to my Android Troubleshooting Guide here: